“The wise woman builds her house, but the foolish tears it down with her own hands.” – Proverbs 14:1
This list has been created as a way to maintain order and cleanliness in the Home.
A deep cleaning to be able to maintain the home may be in need before this list will work for your weekly schedule.
This is a list of things to do every day.
- Make Beds (this makes going to bed in the evening so enjoyable).
- Put away all toiletries and items used to get dressed and ready for the day.
- Put any clean dishes away.
- Rinse off used dishes and immediately put into empty dish washer OR into side sink to be washed later in the evening if you do not have a dish washer.
- Clean as you go! This is our golden rule for our daily tasks. Put things away immediately when done with them.
NIGHT TIME CHORES
- Run Dishwasher. Wash Pans and Dry.
- Empty Trash (if needed).
- Wipe down all counters: Kitchen, Bathroom, Tables – also appliances.
- Sweep Kitchen/Dining Floor – usually done best right after supper.
Saturday & Sunday
Saturday- Lawn Care and Outside Maintenance.
Saturdays are also a great time to do any special work in bedrooms: organizing or straightening closets and drawers.
Sunday- This is your day of rest sweet friend. The only things you should do are the daily to-do’s. Allow yourself to follow God’s mighty example for us and REST.
Monday & Thursday
- Laundry (fold and put away)
- Vacuum // Sweep Floors thoroughly
- Dust shelves and fans
Tuesday & Friday
- Bathrooms : wipe down toilets, showers, and sinks.
- Clean & Wipe down Mirrors
A Godly Woman – “watches over the ways of her household, and does not eat the bread of idleness.” “
Sticking to this schedule will keep your home fresh and clean. Breaking these chores into the days of the week will make the load light.
For a deep cleaning, plan a day (once or twice a month) that you can move furniture and really scrub floors, cabinets, the fridge, appliances, etc.
Wash your sheets once a week – if you throw them into your Monday wash, it’ll be easy to remember to do.
“Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.” Titus 2:4-5
“A housewife’s work…is surely, in reality, the most important work in the world…your job is the one for which all others exist.” C.S. Lewis
You may have to vacuum and sweep the floors (more than the kitchen and dining room) daily. It depends on the type of home you have and the foot traffic in each home.
As for our home, I am able to do it every other day but we do have dogs and sometimes it requires multiple sweeps during the day, lol.