- We’d wake up and immediately reach for them.
- We wouldn’t leave the house without them.
- We would sit at restaurants with them open.
- We would carry them everywhere.
- We would “scroll” through the Scriptures, instead of a screen.
- They’d be the last thing we look at before we fall asleep.
- They’d be our “lifeline.”
- We’d be excited to show friends and family “SAVED” passages, like we save reels, stories, posts, and videos.
- They’d be like an extension of our own hands, the way a lot of people’s phones are.
- Our kids would see us with them…A LOT.
- We’d have no issue using them to help others, the way someone may use an app to help someone in need.
- We’d guard them the way we look to protect our electronics. Valuing them.
- We’d spend boredom times, waiting times, and any other free time being in them.
All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness… – 2 TIMOTHY 3:16
For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. – Hebrews 4:12
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. – Romans 1:16
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. – 2 Timothy 2:15
But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect, – 1 Peter 3:15
Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God; – 1 Peter 1:23
For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when he comes in his glory and the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. – Luke 9:26
But he answered, “It is written, “‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’” – Matthew 4:4
It is up to us sisters. We can live counter culturally. We can be the “WEIRDOS” who carry our Bibles everywhere and do everything by them. We can be PROUD to be a Christian, willing to tell everyone and anyone about the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
3 thoughts on “IF OUR BIBLES WERE USED LIKE OUR CELL PHONES”
I think now I’m inspired to take my Bible with me more often. Thank you for this post. Are you still on Instagram? I haven’t noticed you posting but I’m reducing my “scrolling” so I could be missing your posts.
Hey Regina. I am not on Instagram but I do post regularly on my FB page. http://www.facebook.com/withlovejillianofficial ❤ I love you ladies!
Timely message with do much clarity.
Thank you ma.