Warning: THIS IS NOT A POPULAR MESSAGE, not even amongst some proclaiming believers. This is not popular but it IS Biblical, it IS Christianity, it IS to LIVE AS CHRIST.
The world is about SELF. Satan wants you to choose SELF. Your flesh is about SELF.
See Galatians 5.
The only ONE who isn’t about YOU…is THE LORD.
He isn’t “about you” dear sister. YOU are not the one to be praised, worshipped, or to receive any GLORY. IT’S ALL ABOUT HIM: Our Triune Lord.
This doesn’t mean God doesn’t love you. He does! DEEPLY. I don’t believe we’re even capable to fathom the love God has for us as His chosen children but it’s ALL for HIS GLORY – not yours.
And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. – Ephesians 3
Everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made. – Isaiah 43:7
In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven. – Matthew 5:16
Worthy are you, our Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for you created all things, and by your will they existed and were created. – Revelation 4:11
For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen. – Romans 11:36
For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. – Colossians 1:16
Even Jesus’ death glorified …. GOD THE FATHER. See John 13.
Whoever preaches, let it be with the words of God; whoever serves, let it be with the strength that God supplies, so that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. – 1 Peter 4:11
BEING A CHRISTIAN IS TO BE A LIVING SACRFICE
Ladies, this post is not to say we shouldn’t have appropriate boundaries placed with people but it is to say that we need to stop living like women of the world. Women of the world look out for THEMSELVES. They are the center of their own world, even if they’re deceived to believe they aren’t. They are. Women who are in Christ are about Christ.
- WE LIVE FOR HIS GLORY AND NOT OUR OWN.
- WE TURN THE OTHER CHEEK.
- WE SACRIFICE. WE SERVE. WE SUBMIT.
- WE LOVE OUR ENEMIES.
- WE FORGIVE ALL WRONGS.
- WE LAY DOWN OUR LIVES.
- WE DENY THE FLESH. WE DO NOT INDULGE IT.
- WE TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR OWN SIN. WE DO NOT BLAME OTHERS OR SATAN.
- WE RECEIVE JOY IN PERSECUTION AND TRIALS.
- WE KNOW SUFFERING IS NEVER WASTED. IT IS ALWAYS SANCTIFYING.
- WE RISK EVERYTHING FOR THE SAKE OF CHRIST: COMFORT, SAFETY, WEALTH, AND SECURITY.
- WE ARE ABOUT GOD AND OTHERS.
Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. – Philippians 2:3
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. – Romans 12:10
Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. – Romans 12:16
For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ … – Matthew 25:35-40
Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love. – 1 John 4:7-8
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. – John 13:34
TRUST THE LORD TO CARE FOR YOUR HEART AND TO RIGHT WRONGS TOWARDS YOU
When we are hurt by others, it’s the natural thing to do to put walls up and stand in defense of your heart/feelings. It’s even natural to want to hurt them back: ghosting them, not being their friend anymore, seek revenge, hating them, being bitter towards them, having unkind thoughts, gossiping, slandering…..But when Jesus saved us, He gave us a NEW NATURE and now we have the ability (by the Spirit in us) to forgive, to love the unlovely (we are all unlovely), and to wish the individual to be led to repentance and be SAVED from their sins. THIS IS THE HEART OF A CHRISTIAN WOMAN, by and in and through and for JESUS!
That’s not looking out for no.1. That’s obeying CHRIST!
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. – 2 Corinthians 5:17
VENGEANCE IS THE LORDS.
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. – Romans 12:19-21
FORGIVE. EVEN THE WORST OF SINS AGAINST YOU AND OTHERS.
We HAVE to remember that ALL sin is ultimately against GOD. And we are COMMANDED to forgive….to forgive everyone! This is a SERIOUS WARNING and one that an individual needs to be VERY AWARE of. YOU CANNOT BE A CHRISTIAN AND REFUSE TO FORGIVE. God will discipline you and bring you to repentance if you’re truly one of His sheep and refusing to forgive OR you’re a false believer. NOT that we’re saved by our willingness to forgive. Of course not. We are saved by GRACE ALONE – period. However, it is WICKED to not forgive someone else when God has forgiven us EVERYTHING. Count the cost dear friend.
SEE MATTHEW 18: THE WICKED SERVANT.
14 For if you forgive other people when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive others their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins. – Matthew 6
God will deal with others’ sins. It’s not your job to and again, we are TRUE HYPOCRITES if we receive grace for our own sins but hold any sin against someone else. THIS IS ROTTEN FRUIT and not the fruit of a true believer.
If you’re struggling with forgiving someone – PRAY PRAY PRAY. His grace is sufficient for you and it is only through Him that you’ll be able to truly forgive. We have wonderful examples of men and women who have forgiven the most heinous of crimes against them because of their love for Jesus. Example: Elisabeth Elliot and the Auca people, who slaughtered her husband and friends. Another example: Corrie Ten Boom and the Nazis, (facing an actual Nazi soldier after she was freed from the camp) after she and her family were taken away to concentration camps. Her father and sister did not survive.
TRUE LOVE IS…
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonour others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. – 1 Corinthians 13:4-7
This isn’t a verse only for the nice people in your life or for your family or spouse. THIS IS LOVE – commanded to give to EVERYONE.
32 “If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners love those who love them. 33 And if you do good to those who are good to you, what credit is that to you? Even sinners do that. 34 And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners, expecting to be repaid in full. 35 But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back. Then your reward will be great, and you will be children of the Most High, because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked. 36 Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. – Luke 6
So, who are you looking out for?
As Christians, we need to be 1. HONORING GOD BY OUR OBEDIENCE TO HIS WORD 2. LOVING OTHERS AS MORE IMPORTANT THAN OURSELVES. 3. FORGIVING ANY AND ALL SINS COMMITTED AGAINST US AND AGAINST OTHERS. 4. PRAYING THAT OTHERS COME TO A TRUE REPENTANCE IN CHRIST. 5. BE WILLING TO DIE FOR THE LORD AND THE SAKE OF HIS KINGDOM.
25 Large crowds were traveling with Jesus, and turning to them he said: 26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters—yes, even their own life—such a person cannot be my disciple. 27 And whoever does not carry their cross and follow me cannot be my disciple. – Luke 14
JESUS COMES FIRST.
Here are a few things that I think need to be stated:
- We are never commanded to submit to WICKEDNESS. So, being a living sacrifice does not mean that you submit to abuse. If you’re being hurt PLEASE seek the appropriate authorities and get safe. Do not stay in an unsafe situation. Be discerning, be wise, and know that you ARE be Christ to others by NOT supporting their sin.
- Putting others first does not mean we do not stand up to them. WE ABSOLUTELY STAND UP FOR RIGHTEOUSNESS. We are Biblically commanded to hold our brothers and sisters accountable. See Matthew 18.
- How many times should you forgive someone? Well…. “Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” 22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times” – Matthew 18.
- Can you keep someone toxic OUT of your life? Yes. You can place those boundaries up. PEACE MATTERS. Remember we’re also commanded to…”18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. 18 If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.” – Romans 12. BUT this doesn’t mean you don’t pray for them, desire for them to be repentant, and forgive them.
- As Christians we need to be FAR MORE CONCERNED WITH OUR OWN SIN AND OUR CAPABILITIES TO SIN THAN ANY SIN IN OTHERS.
- Want to stop focusing on yourself? Start physically serving someone else/others. Get in the WORD. Get in PRAYER. Jesus is THE WAY. We have to go through Him and that’s the only answer friends. JESUS: WHAT HE DID. He is the way.
- Stop being feeding your heart/mind with content that supports “SELF-LOVE.” Reality TV, Social Media, etc. are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SELF-FOCUSED. STOP WATCHING AND LISTENING TO THINGS THAT FEED YOUR FLESH. WE NEED TO STARVE THE FLESH AND FILL UP ON LIVING WATER – THE WORD OF GOD!
- TRUST GOD IN ALL YOUR OBEDIENCE. You may never see the outcome of your faithfulness to Christ but that’s not even important. WE SERVE GOD. NOT MAN.
- BE WISE. BE DISCERNING. BE VIRTUOUS. BE HOLY AS HE IS HOLY. How? By knowing and obeying HIS WORD. The Holy Spirit WILL help you. Seek Him. Be encouraged by others. Submit to Godly leadership. Petition the Lord in prayer and fasting for specific situations, conflict, relationships, and circumstances.
- NEVER COMPROMISE. SIN IS NEVER THE ANSWER. NEVER. It may be the easy way out but it’s always the WRONG CHOICE. ALWAYS.
14 For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come. 15 Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name. 16 And don’t forget to do good and to share with those in need. – Hebrews 13
One thought on “STOP LOOKING OUT FOR NO.1”
Yes! So many people need to hear this. It’s a welcome reminder. Thanks for posting!