I love mornings. They may be tiring but they’re NEW. I like new.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. – Lamentations 3:22-23
This routine is part suggestion (some just fun) and part VERY SERIOUS.
A GODLY WOMAN’S MORNING ROUTINE
- She wakes up early and prioritizes getting before the Lord in prayer and the WORD. This is one of the VERY SERIOUS parts. This should be the most important part of your morning. I believe wholeheartedly that a Godly woman knows her flesh and satan show no mercy when it comes to spiritual warfare. She knows she needs to crucify her flesh before the Lordship of Jesus. She does this by praying and renewing her mind with the Word of God. This is her putting on her armor for the daily battle.
Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you will be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore, take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything, to stand firm. 14 Stand firm therefore, having girded your loins with truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and having shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 in addition to all, taking up the shield of faith with which you will be able to extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. 18 With all prayer and petition pray at all times in the Spirit, and with this in view, be on the alert with all perseverance and petition for all the saints, – Ephesians 6
- She gets up early. Suggestion. I have had great victory in different seasons when I would go to bed on time and wake up earlier than my family – than I even needed to. It gave me the ability to spend quality time with the Lord and get things done before “my day” actually really began. I promise, if you can get this into a habit, it has great benefits.
- She washes her face. Suggestion. Our skin is the largest organ we have. I believe God wants us to be good stewards of our bodies, being healthy as far as we’re able. Washing the “night off” our face is not only good for our skin but it’s so refreshing.
- She makes her bed. Suggestion. Don’t you love coming to your bed after a long day and climbing into a nicely made bed? I DO! And if you don’t, you should try it for a bit. This is a habit that can really impact your evening. It’s so nice to know you’ve prepared for your sleep. Make your bed in the morning and be excited to climb into it at night.
- She gets dressed for the day, even if she’s staying home. More Serious Suggestion. Elisabeth Elliot said something in a video to wives and mamas that is probably one of my favorite quotes of all time. She said we shouldn’t look like “a wild witch” for our families. lol. I love her. I agree. When we get dressed for the day – we are more productive. Google studies on this, there’s something to it. When we dress sloppy – we sometimes act sloppy or lazy. Being dressed for the day often leads to a more productive day.
She watches over the affairs of her household
and does not eat the bread of idleness. – Proverbs 31:27
- She is not Lazy. Serious Suggestion. Whatever routine you have or establish for your mornings, a Godly woman strives to work as unto the Lord.
She sets about her work vigorously;
her arms are strong for her tasks. – Proverbs 31:17
She gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family
and portions for her female servants. – Proverbs 31:15
- She prepares for her household. Serious Suggestion. A Godly woman will use her time, not just for herself, but for her family. She helps her husband with his morning and also her littles. Some things you can do: Make them a hot breakfast, fix your husband’s coffee, make time for gentle and calm mornings and not ones of rushing and chaos. Get things needed for the morning together – ready to be used or to go!
Our family homeschools and I have a “Morning Basket.” I keep our family Bible study materials in there and also the curriculum we use for the morning: History and Science. I have pens and everything I need for our morning time together. There are really cute youtube videos you can watch about putting together a morning basket.
“Many women do noble things,
but you surpass them all.”
30 Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised. – Proverbs 31:29,30
Unbelieving women can have WONDERFUL morning routines. They even include working out and eating a super healthy breakfast; some even do ice facials every morning. I kinda wanna try that. lol.
The difference is, a Godly woman works for the LORD. Her actions have eternal impact – for herself and for her family. Her good works are not for God’s love but because of it.
Let’s give our mornings to Christ – whatever we do, we do it for His glory.
So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. – 1 Corinthians 10:31
2 thoughts on “MORNING ROUTINE FOR A GODLY WOMAN”
So good. Talk about conviction. Thank you for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person
I love this. Thank you Jillian!